- 20 exercise modes
- Built-in GPS
- Heart rate variability
- Cardio fitness level
- Skin Temperature tracking
- Smart notifications
Fitbit ECG (Electrocardiogram) App
Keep track of your heart health with a compatible ECG app that assesses your heart for atrial fibrillation—a heart rhythm irregularity—and share the results with your doctor.
Stress management score
Get a daily score showing your body’s physical response to stress. You can see how your exercise routine, mindfulness practice and sleep help to manage your stress levels.
Heart rate variability
Understand if your body is showing potential signs of stress, illness or fatigue based on your past month’s trends in the variation of time between each heartbeat
Get to know your average breaths per minute and see if there are any sudden increases that could indicate a change in your well-being with a view of your breathing rate trends from the past month
Active zone minutes
Get the results you want from every workout. Active Zone Minutes uses your heart rate to guide you toward your desired intensity level.
See your real-time pace & distance without your phone using built-in GPS during outdoor activity, then see a map of your workout route in the Fitbit app
Vibrant colour display
Bring your stats to life on a new colour touchscreen that’s two times brighter than Charge 4 in daylight and protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3.
Up to 7-day battery life
Track all your moves for up to 7 days without having to stop for a charge with a long battery life
Small – fits wrists 130 – 170mm in circumference
Large – fits wrists 170mm – 210mm in circumference
Sensors & Components
- Optical heart rate tracker
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Built-in GPS + GLONASS
- Red and infrared sensors for oxygen saturation
- Device temperature sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Vibration motor
Battery and Power
Battery life up to 7 days. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings, and other factors; actual results will vary.
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Charge time: (0-100%): Two hours
- Saves 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute
- Saves daily totals for past 30 days
- Stores heart rate data at one-second intervals during exercise tracking and at five-second intervals all other times.
Up to 50 mètres. After getting the band wet, we recommend drying the band.
The Charge 5 housing is made of aluminium, glass and resin. The band is made of silicone and has an aluminium buckle.
The Fitbit app is compatible with most popular phones. To set up and use your Fitbit products and services, you must install the Fitbit app on a compatible device running one of the following operating systems:
- Apple iOS 12.2 or higher.
- Android OS 8.0 or higher.
Syncing range: Up to 9m
- Certain features like smartphone notifications may require Android 8.0+.
- Syncing requires Bluetooth® LE and internet connection.
- Syncs with Mac OS X 12.2 and up, iPhone 5S and later, Android 8.0 and later.